MadHatter
Administrator
Website

Deleted posts

well, I was donig some re-arranging and accidentally deleted this forum roll

#2 26 Oct 2006 1:51 pm

Butcher

Re: Deleted posts

You should make a forum add-on that enables Garbage Cans (like in Windows), so that everything you delete will be temporarily stored in a folder and can be restored. Wonder how people manage to make add-ons, must be a hell of a job to figure out where to write coding, and most importantly, what code.

Last edited by Butcher (26 Oct 2006 1:53 pm)

http://bamboocommandos.com/butcher_img/butchersig7.jpg

#3 26 Oct 2006 2:11 pm

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

I was making the battlefield section, and accidentially added a new forum to this section, but then clicked on the delete for the existing one.  once you delete a forum section it does a cascade delete in the database, and wipes out all the info.  I had a backup from a while back, but havent had time to restore the lost posts sad

#4 26 Oct 2006 2:26 pm

Butcher

Is there no way to stop this cascade delete? Like, threathen him with a decrease of space or something? lol, would be very practial, especially when we delete the wrong forums or posts (I do that on a monthly basis, tough the site is down sad).

http://bamboocommandos.com/butcher_img/butchersig7.jpg

#5 26 Oct 2006 2:32 pm

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

LOL its 100% my fault.  it even poped up a warning message saying "all posts in this forum will be deleted... do you wish to continue?"  but thinking that I had clicked the new (empty) forum I had accidentially created, I clicked "yes" and it wiped it all out.  I keep my browser on my bad monitor here at work and its sometimes hard to read... guess I should have paid a little more attention.

there is a mod for punbb that allows "soft deletes" but thats on a post by post basis.  nothing to soft delete the whole forum when you delete a forum.

© 2003 - 2024 NullFX
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 License