#26 02 Mar 2010 3:09 pm

DRob

Re: Stats?

Ya, just checked and it is using pretty much the same system as the beta sad

#27 09 Mar 2010 8:25 am

winsr
Extreme Member

hmm... connection is in deed a little complicated, and might take a while... in my case goes to a local tool, so it will not ban anyone, but for a server that everyone connects too, might be a risky move.

#28 09 Mar 2010 8:28 am

winsr
Extreme Member

there is also this site here, that claims it can connect so it should not be a problem to log in, and 1500 stats... wow...

http://www.bfbcs.com/

#29 15 Mar 2010 11:25 am

winsr
Extreme Member

unfortunatedly my job is preventing me to play the game, much less check for the connection, no progress so far.

#30 15 Mar 2010 8:38 pm

DRob

Same here tongue There is also a sig generator site online. After doing some reading, it sounds like both are using a feed from EA and have no insight for us trying to get our own stats sad

Also as there are so many connection issues for other users, we promised the source (EA), that we do not share codes.

#31 15 Mar 2010 9:07 pm

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

and I've been a bit too lazy to finish the MITM proxy server to analyze the traffic.

I did take another look at what I had and see that they're using upnp to create a ("EA Tunnel") connection to allow some traffic through over UDP.  no telling if that's part of the login process or what.

#32 22 Mar 2010 12:31 pm

winsr
Extreme Member

i tried to figure this out, but seem out of my reach, not a clue how this guy pulled it off... sad

what about you madhatter... any news?

http://bfbc2.elxx.net/stats/pc/winsrp

#33 22 Mar 2010 6:27 pm

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

don't know.  the first site (bfbcs.com) is done by the guy who got stats working for 2142 before we did (1ApRiL).  bfbc2 may be using his api.

#34 22 Mar 2010 9:17 pm

winsr
Extreme Member

well don't fell bad about it, after he got bf2142 stats he got banned several times... then he was into a feed file with old info, until he couldn't get stats any longer... and my tool (vb.net) that uses your stuff + my stuff.. still works to date, actually is like the only working thing that gets bf2142 and bf2 stats, with no feed and is realtime info even with progress charts and all, and does squad management too. wanted to add bc2 but i guess that will take a while.

#35 23 Mar 2010 9:20 am

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

well I ran a first pass w/ my man in the middle proxy last night and apparently it does check the certificate somewhat (because it disconnected as soon as I initiated the ssl session).  I forged the cert they use using the same credentials but didn't forge the CA cert they used to sign it.  I'll reset / resign and try again some time soon.

#36 23 Mar 2010 10:15 am

winsr
Extreme Member

you are the man... you can do it!!!

#37 24 Mar 2010 4:38 pm

DRob

SSL = over my head tongue

Let me know if I can help with anything besides that.

#38 24 Mar 2010 8:06 pm

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

SSL = secure socket layer  When you order something online and the little security lock shows up in your web browser you're using SSL.  The traffic between your computer and the server you are talking to is encrypted.  It uses a public / private key to do the encryption, and nobody can decrypt the conversation (what shows up in wireshark) unless you have the server's original private key that was used to encrypt the data on the server side.  Since that's always closely guarded there's no chance of us decrypting the traffic using wireshark just "out of the box."

one way to get around this (and is something I've had to do at work from time to time for stuff I've written, to diagnose why something I wrote isn't working when all pieces seem to be functioning correctly) is to create a "man in the middle" who acts as a relay between your computer, and the original server.  your computer connects to the middle man, who connects to the original server and messages are passed back and forth between you and the server through this middle server / proxy.  since you own the server "key" used to encrypt the traffic between the middle man and your computer, you can decrypt the conversation between you and the proxy allowing you to see what was exchanged and how.  This type of tech isn't usually regarded as friendly, nor innocent, and would probably be in violation of some user agreement (I haven't looked too closely, ignorance is bliss wink)

using this, we should be able to see what they're sending and getting stats wise.  if they're doing some random key generation like they did w/ 2142 then it will help us to look back into the exe or server exe for the particulars of what they're doing, and with a little disassembly we should be able to reproduce it.

#39 25 Mar 2010 1:39 am

DRob

Magic. Gotcha.

#40 25 Mar 2010 6:09 am

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

lmao

#41 29 Mar 2010 4:49 pm

winsr
Extreme Member

well this guys put up an API to extract information, so, It's not realtime, and you need to add yourself to the queue, but is a start i guess.

http://bfbcs.com/api

© 2003 - 2024 NullFX
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 License