You are not logged in.

#1 29 Jun 2009 11:54 am

winsr
Extreme Member

new battlefields?

So new battlefields are about to get out in the next months, starting with bf1943, then bf heroes in the holidays, bf bc2, next year, and bf3 only confirmed but i can bet it holidays 2010 or so.

So are we going to get prepared to smack that gamespy servers and discover the riddles of the encryption built into it?

were are you guys?

#2 01 Jul 2009 1:26 pm

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

Re: new battlefields?

absolutely!

#3 01 Jul 2009 4:11 pm

winsr
Extreme Member

thats the spirit!!! Nice to see you are still around MadHatter!! How is your game doing?

#4 02 Jul 2009 5:29 am

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

well, my business partner turned out to be a crook.  long story short, we had to close up shop and never got to finish the game.

#5 02 Jul 2009 8:12 am

winsr
Extreme Member

uhhh, that sucks. That game sound like a really cool idea.

#6 10 Jul 2009 7:50 am

winsr
Extreme Member

hey, madhatter, why dont you add a couple more sections to the forums,

BF1943
BF BC2
BF3

just to be prepared and start with things, if you get into the bf1943 site, you can see the profiles of guys, and see their awards, ranks and stuff like that... we should start arranging some information, extracting images and stuff!!!.

#7 14 Jul 2009 9:24 am

Butcher

Was wondering where Crusade went, it's a shame. What will you be doing now then?

http://bamboocommandos.com/butcher_img/butchersig7.jpg

#8 15 Jul 2009 5:40 am

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

When we closed down I had several opportunities.

1. I could have continued the company (well, not the same company, but to take all the employees and start up another one) and make different games until the non-compete that we all signed with the former company expired (keep our former investors from being able to sue us),
2. start a whole new company doing something else in the gaming industry (not making games), or
3. stay away from owning a business all together for a while and go back to work with a friend of mine

I opted for #3.  Much less stress (but far less reward).  I'm working for a company I used to work for a while back that does RFID software.  I enjoy doing what I'm doing though its far less glamorous than developing video games.

I'm certain that at some point in the future (not any time soon though) I'll start up another company to do another title similar to Crusades.  When I do I'll be the sole owner and won't let anyone else get into a position to screw the company over like my last partner did.

#9 15 Jul 2009 6:00 am

winsr
Extreme Member

keeping with the topic, are we going to be doing something with BF Heroes, I think that one could be a potential candidate to actually start as it is... since on the beta they already have stats up (we need a section on the forum for that too), and I dont know if something could be done with bf1943, since well its already out.

#10 20 Jul 2009 6:18 am

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

as far as stats go, I think these will be relatively difficult to reverse engineer because (unless I got this all wrong) they're on a console, so you would need to put a sniffer between it and the router to determine where it's going to persist stats.  Do you know if they use gamespy or xbox's built in achievements system?

As far as listing the awards & ranks, that should be fairly easy to determine if they are not already listed somewhere.

© 2003 - 2024 NullFX
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 License