You are not logged in.

#1 30 Jan 2010 4:04 pm

DRob

Stats?

First off want to comment on the epic job you guys did for 2142. I just stumbled across this forum and wished I had long before.

I've been playing the beta of this, game of the year material, new installment and am pumped for the final release. After playing now for a few days now tho, all I can think about is pulling the stats to my database. I don't know if this board is still active in this but I thought I would ask. Has anyone or is anyone planning on working on this new stat system?

I have done a simple analyzer on the beta and have found that it is 0% like the nice extremely simple system that BF2 used. This one too appears to use an encryption system like the 2142 setup which looses me.

neway, back to the snowy goodness port of valdez

#2 31 Jan 2010 9:45 am

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

Re: Stats?

I would venture to guess that it uses the same system as 2142 (at least as far as the auth token is concerned).  2142 actually introduced some more encrypted tokens in but never actually required that they be used.  I haven't played the beta yet though so it will probably some time after it's released that I'd be able to look at it.

#3 31 Jan 2010 10:16 pm

DRob

I'll have to play with the 2142 stuff a little. Right now it looks like its running to a jsp file using the username instead of a pid along with a key.

#4 01 Feb 2010 5:00 am

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

hrm.  it may be different then.  the previous stats were processed @ gamespy using .net (*.aspx), so if they're using java (*.jsp) they may have changed it up.  Be careful if you send something to them (outside of the game) because they banned IP's when we tried that w/ 2142.

#5 01 Feb 2010 12:31 pm

winsr
Extreme Member

uhhhh long time since last time I been here... we must definitely have to work on the token thing other wise we wont have our stats!!!! mad

Anyway I still dont have the beta, but will have the game since day one, if need help let me know, I'll be cracking it up on .net as I did with BF2 and BF2142.

#6 01 Feb 2010 8:08 pm

DRob

Yes! What would this game be w.o a nice stats page or a generated stat sig >.<

I will probably end up needing assistance as the encryption stuff is a little beyond me. For now I've been running my queries from a web server so I can still play if things go south. I'm fine w all the coding except that slightly important initial data request. tongue

I'll keep playing w it w the beta but I'm not holding out hope that I will be successful.sad

#7 02 Feb 2010 8:03 pm

winsr
Extreme Member

it would be a lot easier if you post your connection dumps in here. We might all help with that encryption thing you know wink

I would post mine, but I #1 dont have a real computer yet, (coming in 15 days) and I dont have the beta, which is a kind of important thing. cool

#8 03 Feb 2010 1:07 pm

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

in 2142 the code that did the encryption was on the server, so until they release that we may not have access to the image to disassemble it and see what it's doing.  We can always look at the network traffic to get some idea of what is there but may not be able to do much until the game is RTM.

#9 03 Feb 2010 7:40 pm

DRob

Just checked the traffic again and it appears its all going to EA right now which I guess isn't a big surprise since its in beta. I think you may be right, would probably be better to wait till release in case they start using GameSpy as in the past and/or rework the stats system.

#10 04 Feb 2010 6:02 am

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

they used gamespy in the past during the beta runs, and the only thing that changed was the server portion of the URL that was used to request stats.  EA may have thought that they can do their own stats tracking instead of paying GameSpy.  If that's the case, what they're doing could be vastly different.

#11 11 Feb 2010 8:50 pm

vitamin

Well I have been trying to figure this out.  No luck.

I'll just post what the calls to the stats server are when I log in.

GET /fileupload/locker2.jsp?site=easo&cmd=dir&lkey=S3E8vAergTKPFZF3Cn4q0AAAKDw.&pers=vitamin&game=%2Feagames%2FBFBC2 HTTP/1.1

That key changes each time I log in, but its usually only 1 letter.

Not sure if this helps any at all, but maybe you guys can tell me whats going on.

Also the tcp stream.
http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/6830/wireshark.jpg

#12 12 Feb 2010 5:48 am

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

does the game show stats?  It doesn't look like it transmitted anything.

#13 12 Feb 2010 10:50 am

vitamin

Yea that is the weird thing.  I log onto my account and it gets the stats.

I also tried logging into my buddies account and it gets his stats as well.

I think its coming through as a XML file, because it shows that locker error='2' thing.

I'm not really that familiar with this type of stuff, but is that possible to lock a XML file so only one program can read it?

#14 12 Feb 2010 10:59 am

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

nope.  what you have there is the entire http conversation that took place.  if it returned the stats in the xml they would show up in that conversation.  instead it shows an error.

from what that looks like is a request to list files for your player, and what's returned is an error code.  I'd guess either the files don't exist because its in beta, or its an unimplemented feature that will show up later on.

if the final game downloads stats as xml it will be really easy to pull stats because a desktop program could load & display them from the file system rather than pulling them from EA.

if that's the only http traffic going through when you pull up the game and get your stats, my guess is that the stats info request / response takes place as a binary part of the game's protocol.

#15 12 Feb 2010 11:23 am

vitamin

There is more http traffic going through then what I posted up there, but I have not really looked at it to much.  I just figured the answer was in there.

Though I do think I'm just going to wait for the game to come out before I start messing with this any more.

Thanks for your help.  If you want to have a look at my full http traffic let me know and I can post it.

Also, I got a extra beta key if anyone wants that I can give it away.

#16 12 Feb 2010 12:23 pm

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

I signed up for a beta key but never got one.  I'd love to take a look at it though.

#17 12 Feb 2010 12:34 pm

vitamin

PM sent.

I found the best way to get it is to torrent it, but you can probably get it from any major gaming file place now.  The demand used to be huge so you would have to wait in line to dl it.  I'm sure that is all changed now though.

#18 12 Feb 2010 12:43 pm

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

Thanks!  should help in getting a jump start on seeing how the stats work.  I already downloaded it from EA and installed it.  Was just waiting on a key from them.

#19 12 Feb 2010 8:09 pm

vitamin

Hey, hopefully you like it. I know I do!

#20 15 Feb 2010 10:54 pm

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

Yep its been fun so far.

It appears stats are pulled in the main client -> server protocol.  Unfortunately they're using SSL so until I write a man in the middle proxy to analyze the underlying protocol (or until they send me their private server key... yea right) it's all encrypted.

Were I writing the protocol this is how I would implement it (making it difficult / more traceable for the server) so that managing flooding by various "stats servers" would be a bit more centralized and easier for admins to control stats farming in general.  If the locker http request system end up being xml data stores it will make it really easy to harvest statistics, at least locally.

once we decrypt the transport layer we'll see if they're also encrypting the message layer protocols, and depending on how that turns out, we'll see just how easy / impossible gathering stats would be.

#21 16 Feb 2010 12:09 pm

winsr
Extreme Member

want a key fast, preorder the lim edition on amazon, wait 2 hours, for the confirmation mail, then wait a little longer for a mail with a key in it, then un-do the preorder... its a snap, you never get charged since its a pre-order.

#22 16 Feb 2010 7:59 pm

vitamin

wow sounds like this might be a bit difficult sad

#23 17 Feb 2010 7:44 am

winsr
Extreme Member

its always dificult, thats the overall idea of encrypting an all that you know big_smile

#24 17 Feb 2010 2:52 pm

MadHatter
Administrator
Website

The secure socket layer encryption is pretty easy to get around (at least for me.  I've done it before for projects I've written).   After that when you have to go digging through assembly to see what some random key is comprised of if a bit more difficult (not having done much in the way of assembly).

I have seen traffic that's not encrypted where that lkey (short for license key I'm guessing) parameter is passed around.  I don't know what that's all about, it appears to be some sort of session initiation (which may not be implemented in the beta) for the locker functionality that is sent over http to ea.

#25 02 Mar 2010 10:31 am

winsr
Extreme Member

Well game is out, my copy is on my way to my home country, I'll try to play a little bit before I start to dig into the stats system, lets see what comes out of that, but seems like they are going to use the same thing as in the beta for the looks of it.

© 2003 - 2024 NullFX
Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 3.0 License